The modern application development industry relies a lot on quality management measures and the implementation of certifications. This is because, with the help of these standards, app developers can ensure that their application meets all the market strategies or security implications and product requirements. However, to ensure that the application can stand up to all these expectations, the developers have to implement various advanced processes like automation testing, cross-browser testing, and end-to-end testing. It is also important to maintain proper coordination between the development and testing teams of the app development company.
So, with this article, we are going to explore the strategy for implementing quality assurance certification in app development projects. We will also understand some of the most important parameters that the developers must keep in mind to ensure the success of this process.
Understanding the Present Market for App Development
For properly implementing quality assurance testing, the developers must have a clear idea about the current standards of the modern app development segment. For instance, the apps currently must be functional on multiple platforms like desktops, smartphones, and even tablets. Along with this, the end users must be able to perform multiple functions using a single app. To implement this infrastructure, the app source code must have access to multiple elements at the same time. Implementing these structures can also lead to unavoidable complexities in the app cycle. So, the developers and testers must implement proper testing measures like automation testing to deal with these abnormalities.
Automation testing is the process of automatically initiating and executing the test cases using test scripts that will provide the required statistics, data sets, and user information. Using automation test cases, the app developers can verify the stability, functionality, and ease of user interaction on the app. By implementing proper automation test cases, the app developers will be able to incorporate the following features in the software testing process:
- Using automation testing, the system automatically runs the test cases 24 hours round the clock even on non-working days. This is because it does not rely on human involvement during the test execution process. This feature also helps to boost the accuracy of the test creation and execution process.
- Automation testing is highly suitable when app developers are working on repetitive test cases like regression testing, data analysis testing, and unit testing. This is because by automating the repetitive test instances, the developers can save a lot of time by focusing on the creative areas of the project like coming up with new features for future updates.
- While using test automation, the app developers also have the option to integrate dedicated tools, platforms, and libraries for uplifting the quality of the application that is currently being developed.
- Automation testing also has a critical role in improving the resource and time management of the app development company. This is because by properly implementing test automation, the companies can eliminate setting up and maintaining a human testing team in the coming years.
Strategies for Implementing Quality Assurance Certification in Projects
To help the new quality assurance testers, we are going to focus on some of the most important strategies for implementing quality assurance certifications in modern app development projects:
Identifying the Relevant Certifications
Before implementing the strategy for quality assurance certifications, app developers need to choose the certifications that are relevant based on their industry and the app that they are developing. In this segment, the app developer should also have a proper idea about certifications that vary due to geographical barriers. This is because certain countries have restrictions on various certifications and may completely ban the application if it fails to comply with these standards. So performing a prior study on QA certifications is one of the most crucial parameters of this process.
Setting the Standards for Quality Management
The next step in this process is to define the standards for quality management and the requirements that the product must meet. While setting these standards, the app developers must ensure that they comply with the certification requirements to ensure a smooth implementation process. One of the most effective approaches for this step is to include not only the development and testing teams of the company but also the production and business management teams of the company. This approach will help to maintain a basic idea about the current status of the app development project.
Choosing the Right Testers
To properly implement all the certifications required for quality assurance, the developing companies must choose the correct QA testers who possess the required experience, knowledge, and expertise. From a tester’s point of view, it is very important to gain knowledge about some of the most commonly used certifications to improve your chances of getting recruited in all the quality assurance testing projects. It is also important to visit various seminars, campaigns, and workshops that can help boost your knowledge about the modern standards of QA testing.
Implementation of Proper Training and Skill Development
After choosing the right testers for quality assessment certification, the companies must implement a dedicated training and skill management program that will help the testers understand the requirements of the company standards and the app that is being currently developed. The companies can also implement a comprehensive feedback cycle to gain information about the effectiveness of the training program based on the knowledge of the trainees. It is also important to implement dedicated training cycles that will help each tester improve their respective roles in the project and gain knowledge about their particular niche in QA testing.
Maintaining Documentation and Compliance
By maintaining comprehensive documentation, the app developers can keep a record of all the QA testing processes and activities as required by their chosen certification process. It is also important to ensure that the project complies with all the required certification standards throughout its development life cycle. We would also encourage the testers to share live data about this documentation with other stakeholders and senior managers in the company. It will also help them to gain valuable feedback for improving the application development and testing cycle. This documentation can also act as a reference for updating the QA test cases.
Role of Continuous Improvement
To utilize the full potential of the modern quality assurance testing process, the testers must implement a continuous improvement process. This process must be based on the results of audits and reviews submitted by all the members of the quality assessment team. Based on these reports and the improvement cycle, the testers must make necessary changes to uplift the overall quality of the app development project. Moreover, continuous improvement will also help to properly align the standards of the application with the chosen certification requirements.
Keeping the Knowledge Updated
The final step in this process is for the developers and testers to keep their knowledge updated about all the recent trends and innovations in the segment of QA testing. This is because the app development market is one of the most revolutionary segments that goes through continuous change and improvement. So, updating the knowledge about all the trends and innovations in this segment will allow the companies to maintain their position in this competitive segment of the industry. This process will also help to create a positive image for the brand.
LambdaTest and its Integration with Automaton Testing
LambdaTest is an AI-powered test orchestration and test execution platform that allows developers and testers to implement automation testing using artificial intelligence. This platform also provides access to thousands of real devices through remote servers. Using the LambdaTest cloud platform, the app developers can integrate hundreds of different test instances from real devices and simulation software to boost the accuracy of the testing environment.
Let us now understand how the app developers can elevate their automation testing standards with the integration of LambdaTest:
- Using this platform, app developers can not only access thousands of modern devices but also hundreds of legacy devices and browser versions. So, it massively helps to extend the compatibility of the application to a wider section of end users.
- For executing automation testing with LambdaTest, the app developers can import the test cases from various well-known frameworks like Cypress, Selenium, Appium, and even Playwright. LambdaTest has native support for executing the Selenium test cases on more than 3000 browser instances at the same time.
- Since modern applications consist of thousands of different testing instances, app developers can use the parallel testing feature of LambdaTest. Using this feature, it is possible to initiate and execute thousands of different test instances on different machines and configurations at the same time.
- LambdaTest also provides native support for integrating automated cross-browser testing and automated regression testing using the Selenium WebDriver and the Selenium Grid. To simplify this process for the new testers, we have mentioned the code snippets for initiating both of these test cases with the native environment of LambdaTest:
- LambdaTest also maintains a real-time activity log that keeps track of all the currently running, passed, and even failed test cases. So, the app developers can use this information as a reference to avoid previously known errors in future testing instances.
- After executing the automation test cases, LambdaTest will generate a detailed test report consisting of various vital information like screenshots and videos that are automatically captured during the execution process. Using this information, the app developers can easily navigate to the faulty elements for performing the intended debugging process.
- In case the app developers require any help with the features and tools of LambdaTest, they can navigate to the official website and refer to the rich documentation. This documentation provides all the information in simple languages and by using sample test cases. The developers also have the option of accessing one-to-one support using live chat, over-the-phone support, and even the mailing feature. LambdaTest also facilitates discussions among testers and developers on various issues using its open-source community.
The Conclusive Views
Finally, we would advise the app developers that the specific strategy for the implementation of quality assurance certifications will vary depending on the industry, project, and target audience. Some of the most popular certifications include ISO 9001 which focuses on quality management, CMMI meant for software development, and Six Sigma which helps to process the improvement in the application development infrastructure. It is also important for the app developers to have a close watch on the target audience to understand their requirements and customize the application infrastructure accordingly. Learning all the new trends and innovations that are constantly coming in the automation testing segment will also help improve the quality of the overall testing cycle.